4 Lesson plan #1
Simplify Expressions by Combining Like Terms
Target Audience: Grade 8
Objective(s): Students will be able to simplify expressions by combining like terms.
- Students will learn the rules to combine like terms.
- Students will learn how to combine like terms.
- Students will practice to simplify expression by combining like terms.
- Recomend students to access this link to review the multiplication table
Prior Knowledge: Students should know what like terms and variables are such as variables rose to the same power and multiplication table http://blogs.york.cuny.edu/wp/athompson8/tutorial-for-times-table/
- Do now
- Guided practice exercises
Student book, paper, and pencil, calculators
|Guided Practice:Simplify by combining like terms
Reflection: After learning and acquiring the skills to simplify expressions by combining like terms students will feel confident enough to move to the next level of algebraic expressions and apply the knowledge already acquired